Welcome to Female Friendly 101
In this first series of modules, you will learn about the purchasing power of women, receive an introduction to the women’s automotive marketplace, and learn why becoming Certified Female Friendly is so important.
Jody DeVere, CEO
Jody DeVere, CEO of AskPatty.com, has provided automotive education to women consumers and the Certified Female Friendly® Certification program for thousands of automotive retailers on how to attract, sell, retain and market to women.
Jody DeVere founded UpShift to offer a more dynamic, robust, diversity-focused training and certification program using industry veterans and proven techniques.
About Ask Patty
AskPatty.com, Inc. began as a website with one goal in mind: to help women feel more comfortable when buying or repairing a vehicle. Since 2006 our flagship product, Certified Female Friendly®, has been training dealerships, independent service centers, tire dealers, quick lubes, car washes, and more on the best practices to communicate effectively with women customers and employees.
We have taken the philosophy that launched Certified Female Friendly®, and expanded it into a suite of Certifications which touch every aspect of automotive business, headed up by a panel of respected thought-leaders and consultants from across the industry, and we call this suite UpShift™
Do You Understand Women?
- 91% of women believe advertisers don’t understand them.
- 59% of women feel misunderstood by food marketers.
- 66% of women feel misunderstood by healthcare marketers.
- 74% of women feel misunderstood by automotive marketers.
Women make purchasing decisions differently than men
- Nearly 50% of women say they want more green choices.
- 22% of women shop online at least once a day.
- 92% of women pass along information about deals or finds to others.
- 58% of women would toss a TV if they had to get rid of one digital device.
- Only 11% would ditch their laptops.
- 51% are moms
- 85% of all consumer purchases
Women account for 85% of all consumer purchases including everything from autos to health care:
- 65% New Cars
- 73% Automotive Repairs
- 89% Bank Accounts
- 93% Food
- 93% OTC Pharmaceuticals
- 91% of New Homes
- 66% PCs
- 92% Vacations
- 80% Healthcare
Who drives the world economy?
Women now drive the world economy.
Globally, they control about $20 trillion in annual consumer spending, and that figure could climb as high as $28 trillion in the next five years.
That’s the purchasing power of women!
Who buys the most cars?
- In the USA alone there are 1.4 million more women who are licensed to drive than men. (2019)
- Women also tend to purchase more new cars than used ones, with 62% of new cars in the country being purchased by women.
- On top of that, more than 80% of the car purchasing decisions are made by women.
- Women are a largely untapped growth market for automotive retailers.
Still to come in the Certified Female Friendly course chapters:
1. Selling to Women
2. Service, Repairs and Women
3. Online Marketing to Women
4. Attracting, Hiring and Retaining Women Employees
Up Next: Certified Female Friendly Sales Training