Surrounding yourself and your business with the right team may be the most important factor in your success. This certification will address the individual and team needs of each organization. Participants will understand goal setting and professional development as well as inclusive environments and recruitment. First, you need employees to fill the voids in your business. Without a strategic recruitment and retention plan this is impossible. In order to help employees grow and assist in reaching your organizational goals, they must feel safe, seen and understood. Professional development and diversity are the keys to making this possible. This certification will set your business and your team on the right direction for success.
Session 1: Change Management for a Thriving Workforce
Donna M Wagner, MBA/MAAP
Sirena Pellarolo, Ph.D.
Creating a map for personal development can drive your business into high gear. Within this map, developing a culture for a diverse friendly atmosphere allows individuals to flourish in their own identity. The key to a successful mapping process includes identifying challenges and creating accountability.
This interactive workshop will teach participants how to navigate change from a holistic approach. They will clearly identify their current development “location” in addition to recognizing roadblocks and challenges. Participants will celebrate their current abilities while focusing on the ones that need further development to create a competitive edge. Tools will be offered to foster mindset clarity, asset-mapping and self-confidence.
Session 2: Attracting and Developing Diverse Employees
Donna M Wagner, MBA/MAAP
Martha E. Rader, Ph.D.
Attracting and retaining diverse talent is an important step toward growing an inclusive, successful employee base that can help your company achieve its goals. A diverse employee base will positively impact customer service and CSI. In addition, it increases a loyal customer base, referrals and additional sales.
This session will raise awareness of how each step of the human resources process can impact inclusivity. By participating, your organization will have the tools to create the culture, benefits and recruiting processes that bring diversity to your teams. Topics covered in this class will include recruitment, onboarding, training, shadowing and mentoring in addition to untraditional work-life benefits attractive to a diverse workforce.
Session 3: Recruiting Automotive Technicians
Donna M Wagner, MBA/MAAP
Filling open technician jobs has been a challenge for decades. Many shops recruit technicians away from competitors just to have the technician leave a short time later. By using an analytical approach, creating an inclusive workplace and developing a step by step plan, we can stop the cycle.
This session will outline how to create a pipeline of technicians that want to work for you and stay with you. The guide will develop a systematic approach to recruitment and retention. Participants will be provided with guidelines on developing an inclusive work environment that will attract an entire new pool of applicants. Our recruitment and retention plans develop committed employees that will recruit for you and better connect with your diverse customer base.
- Development of a networking program that will organically recruit technicians into your business
- A marketing plan developed to recruit diverse employees to your team increasing your technician pipeline
- An evaluation tool for existing technicians’ job structure and career paths
- Implementation guidelines for internships, onboarding and mentoring programs to improve employee retention
Session 4: Developing a Positive Health and Safety Culture – “Common Sense” is Not a Strategy
Patricia A. Muir, PCC
A culture of health and safety provides assurance to all employees that they will return to their homes and families after their workday. A safe work environment ensures all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. An effective health and safety program goes beyond “compliance” to the productive and rewarding experience of working with and among those who care about and respect one another. A successful health and safety program reduces the business costs and human costs of injuries, illness, lost time, facility and equipment damage, and legal fines.
In this session, participants will learn the concept of duties, responsibilities, and accountability inherent in the Occupational Health and Safety Acts and legislation. Both the U.S. and Canada have legislation to enforce standards for occupational health and safety in the workplace.
- Appreciation for the value and benefits of health and safety as a top-line investment vs a bottom-line expense
- An general overview of how Occupational Health & Safety Acts and legislation work (U.S. and Canada)
- An understanding of the “Internal Responsibility System” concept and best practices that drive a Positive Health and Safety Culture
- A deeper understanding of a Positive Health and Safety Culture that expands beyond physical to mental and emotional well-being affecting individuals, families, and communities. Understanding your organization’s social-responsibility.
- How workplace violence, harassment, discrimination, and exclusion affect the health, safety, and well-being of individuals with erode the workplace culture with negative consequences and affect the health and well-being of the business.
- An understanding of the evolution of “Workplace Health and Safety” during and after COVID 19